Looking back at 2018 – A LOT happened! Here are the highlights:
- I exhibited at my first trade show in May of 2018 (Surtex in New York). Surtex is a print and pattern show for artists and designers who want to license their art. I had many people interested, but in the end decided to work with just one.
- I got my first licensing deal with Daydream HQ. Tho we met in NYC, they are located right here in Hillsboro, Oregon! They print art on wood for indoor and outdoor use. Check out my art on their website.
- I was commissioned to illustrate my first book, by Quarto Publishing, called “The Book of Blessings and Rituals: Magical Invocations for Healing, Setting Energy, and Creating Sacred Space”, by Athena Perrakis. I did 25 illustrations and 12 small chapter illustrations that coordinate with different themes each month. It’s getting great reviews on Amazon. See my next post for lots of pics.
- I simplified my old art and design website, by creating a new website with only my art. Looks like you found it. 😉
- I said YES to contract design jobs to inspire my art career. 🙂
- I traveled to Ireland last September to paint abstract landscapes with Pauline Agnew. (The title image is the art that I did in her workshop). Wow, I fell in love with everything Ireland – the authentic, down-to-earth people, the dramatic and beautiful landscapes, black pudding (who would have thought I’d like pigs blood??!!) and of course Pauline’s laid back, genuine and generous way of teaching.
Thanks for getting a little caught up with me. Now on to more detailed posts…! Also, if you don’t follow me on IG, please do! There, you’ll see a lot more pics of my past and current journeys, inspirations, current work and random musings.